SMONSTER is a Kit Compilation that bring you powerful new tools to Modo.
It include 13 Standard Kits and 3 Livelink Kits to simplify integration of other software within Modo and improve your workflow.
2 Versions available:
- STANDARD Edition
- SOURCE Edition
(Since 06/2022 SOURCE Edition have been limited to Standard content + basic scripts for an unlimited time period. Wrapped commands Source code no longer shared.)
- v3.X for Modo 15.0 to 16.X (still 14.X downgrade compatible but not for further tools that are coming)
It can be really a powerful motivation for me to see your art improved with my help.
If you have any comments on the showcase videos, please post your comment on my Discord channel or via Twitter and please subscribe and like videos on my Youtube channel. get news on the New Foundry Thread.
Best regards, take care,
Online via Read the Doc website.
You need at least Modo 15 to run this kit and it was actually tested on Windows. Fortunately the Mac seems to work fine actually but i still need your feedback to make it 100 % compatible.
For a new installation or when you update the kit, please follow the instructions in ReadmeFirst_SMONSTER.txt.
Easy installation via LPK file by drag-n-drop into Modo to get the Kit installed automatically in the Content folder. (For an upgrade, delete old Kit folder and drag-n-drop again the lpk in Modo.)
For multi seat license contact me on Twitter.
By buying that kit, you engage to use it on one seat only. One license per user.
As for every Product / Art piece / Assets that you do, like everyone of us, please do not share those files, as you didn't want to see your work shared on internet without your permission. I'm sure you'll understand that point.
This kit and his content can be used for professional and personal usage as well. Feel free to send some link of stuff that you do with it.
Full Update Log here
Last Update Log:
v3.50 - 2022/06/20
- Update on FBX Preset Pop Up Menu to expose more options.
- New Command --> smo.GC.ConvertToHardEdgeWorkflowUsingGeoBoundaryAsHardEdge
(On current Mesh item, convert Shading Method to HardEdge Workflow using geometry boundary as "HardEdge" and set all other Edges as "Smooth".)
- New Command --> smo.GC.ExportMeshAsMeshPreset
(Export current Mesh As MeshPreset LXL file into Target Path. (optional: Define Path destination as argument))
- New Command --> smo.GC.ExportSelectedMeshesAsMeshPreset
(Export Selected Meshes As MeshPreset LXL file into Target Path. (optional: Define Path destination as argument))
- New Command --> smo.GC.CreateEmptyChildMeshMatchTransform
(Create a new child Mesh Item (empty) on current selected mesh item.)
- New commands for MicroBevel Workflow:
- New Command --> smo.GC.SimplifyToNGon & smo.GC.MultiSimplifyToNGon
(Merge every polygons that have same coplanar polygon direction to simplify a given set of meshes. Via argument you can also update the HardEdges data for a better end result.)
- New Command --> smo.GC.MicroBevelHardEdgesAndUpdateToSoften & smo.GC.MultiMicroBevelHardEdgesAndUpdateToSoften
(Micro Bevel HardEdges (usually after a SimplyToNgon), then Soften all edges.)
- New Command --> smo.GC.ModollamaRebuildNGontoTriangle & smo.GC.MultiModollamaRebuildNGontoTriangle
(Rebuild all NGons via Modollama Triangulation command to output Triangles.)
- Bugfix on smo.GC.RenderThumbPreset
- PopUp menu updated
- New Command --> smo.CLEANUP.ConvertAllSolidWorksShape
(Search for all Solidworks Shape Items in the scene and convert them to regular Meshes. Delete the empty meshes in the process as well.)
- New Command --> smo.CLEANUP.CleanupSolidWorksImport
(Cleanup SolidWorks Import (from McMaster Website Data) in order to save a new scene with only one Mesh item of the imported asset. It will also convert the VertexNormals Data to HardEdgeWorkflow if needed.)
- New Command --> smo.CLEANUP.DelEverythingExceptMeshes
• (Select everything in the current scene, except Meshes items and delete all other items / materials. It unparent in place the current Meshes to preserve their position in space in case they were part of a hierarchy.)
- New Command --> smo.CLEANUP.RemoveAllPartTags
(Check for all Meshes in the current scene remove any part tags in it.)
- New Command --> smo.CLEANUP.DelPreTransform
(Freeze Scale transform of all meshes in scene but if there is instances, it retain Instances scale to 100 percent or -100 percent as well.)
- Bugfix smo.CLEANUP.RenameUVMapToDefaultSceneWise - (That command now create an empty UV map if one is missing using Default UVMap name from Preferences)
- PopUp menu updated
- Support for SLDPRT added as Input file format (CAD file - Solidworks)
- Menu and Icons (Big UI refresh)
- Bugfix (Get UVMap Count argument not correctly exposed. It adds also a 4th argument to deselect all maps except UV maps)
This Product include: SMONSTER Kit (13 Standard Kits and 3 Livelink Kits) and license key.
+ BATCH Kit
+ CAD TOOLS Kit
+ CLEANUP Kit
+ COLOR BAR Kit
+ GAME CONTENT Kit
+ MATH TOOLS Kit
+ MESHOPS Kit
+ MIFABOMA Kit
+ QUICK TAG Kit
+ UV Kit
+ VENOM Kit
+ Livelink Kit for MARMOSET TOOLBAG
+ Livelink Kit for PIXAFLUX
+ Livelink Kit for RIZOM UV
+ Access to a dedicated Slack SMONSTER Server. (To share ideas, give kit supports, debug and links to new builds and current development via videos)
+ Integrated Help system within the kit, with Training Files and Video Tutorials.
+ New Online Documentation via ReadTheDocs
+ less than 72 h support over Slack.
- This Product include: SMONSTER Kit (13 Standard Kits and 3 Livelink Kits) and license key.
- BAKE Kit
- + BATCH Kit
- + CAD TOOLS Kit
- + CLEANUP Kit
- + COLOR BAR Kit
- + GAME CONTENT Kit
- + MATH TOOLS Kit
- + MESHOPS Kit
- + MIFABOMA Kit
- + QUICK TAG Kit
- + UV Kit
- + VENOM Kit
- + Livelink Kit for MARMOSET TOOLBAG
- + Livelink Kit for PIXAFLUX
- + Livelink Kit for RIZOM UV
- + Access to a dedicated Slack SMONSTER Server. (To share ideas, give kit supports, debug and links to new builds and current development via videos)
- + Integrated Help system within the kit, with Training Files and Video Tutorials.
- + New Online Documentation via ReadTheDocs
- + less than 72 h support over Slack.